Monday, December 10, 2007

I'm on the BRAT Diet

Bananas
Rice
Applesauce
Toast

Except, no toast. So I guess I'm on the BRA diet. These are the foods About.com recommends for settling an acutely upset stomach. I like how having stomach issues gives me an excuse to eat stuff made out of super processed grains.

After downing four vials of Po Chai Pills or 保济丸, and sleeping a lot, I think I'm finally on the mend. That is, my stomach is actually holding things again rather than letting everything (including water) pass right through. I even had a banana last night, and made myself what my mom always made for me when I was sick as a child...rice porridge and carrots. I also, for lack of real applesauce in China, picked up some mashed apples in the baby food section of Carrefour.

Going to Carrefour, by the way, is an experience I don't want to repeat anytime soon, especially when I'm sick. It's a madhouse. It takes forever to find what you're looking for. And they make you walk through the whole store just to get to the grocery section, and then after you've paid they make you walk through an entire mall to get to the exit. It's so overrated.

No comments: