Wednesday, November 7, 2007

A bad week, electronically.

Prepare for at least 3 weeks of pictureless entries because I have finally ruined my camera, my trusty little digital camera, a good 10 years old, passed down from my dad to my brother to my dad again, and finally to me, and built like a tank (or so I thought).

I was holding an open drink on the street, looking for a friend, when I saw a beggar on the side of the road. Normally I don't quite trust them (esp in China) but he seemed like he really needed the help, so I stopped. I had my camera dangling from one elbow, my drink wedged in the other, and was fumbling around in my purse for Y5. As I bent down to give it to him, my drink of course spilled over everything, including my camera. And then, I was stupid enough to power it on before it dried. So now it's quite finished.

And then on Monday, I dropped my laptop. The screen is toast. But the hard drive seems to be ok. So, wangqianzou.

No comments: